Nuff-Nang'er

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Time to unwind with James Blunt...16th February 2012

Imagine yourself entering an office and what your hear is your footsteps and shoes steps..tik tok tik tok and your heartbeat..dug dig dug and all round eye balls are staring at you as if you were their next victims or imagine yourself entering an office and what you heard are people discussion something seriously and whispering ( just like whispering in bedroom) . Ouuch ! For me the two situations are so awkward and weird !

I have been into both situations and frankly I do not like it at all. My management style is so simple, deliver your best and meet my requirement and you can have fun doing it. Have fun while doing my works. It doesn't mean that you take your works easily and lightly, but not to take it too seriously. Strike a well balance and know the limit. Let accept that all of my subordinates are adults and I always treat them as one.

Have fun after work is something that I miss when I am here in Dubai. Back in my previous company and my country, Malaysia I always made a point to wind down and had good laugh with my office colleagues. We called our group as JIMBENG ( comprise of bunch of accountants) and we in fact had a position called Head of Jimbeng. We gossips, joked, laughed and cried while having our teh tarik. That was before each and every member of jimbengs were posted overseas- me went to Morocco, 1 went to Mozambique, 1 went to Turkmenistan , 1 went to Ethiopia and since then, things have never been the same for me.

When I was in Qatar, things bit different and I normally wind down in the evening, had dinner together and have coffee with bunch of Indonesians and Syrians friends. Weekend, had invitation over BBQ with others. Well, when you were alone all you have are your friends who are in the same situation to support each other.

I have been here in Dubai close to 6 months, and things are even different for me. I have friends, yet I consider them taking their works so seriously. It has its own challenge where people here tend to mingle around with the people of the same background, colour, race, country, speak the same language etc. When I was in Qatar, while I was walking at the corniche and having coffee with my Syrian friends, people gave me sort of weird look. Of course, I did not give it a damn. Oh. I am so out of topic.

What shall I do then ? Simple, I keep enjoying myself the new way I want it to be. One of it, have date in James Blunt @ Dubai Jazz Festivals on 16th February 2012. Anyone coming and joining me ?

DISCLAIMER: Notice :Opinions, stories , thoughts expressed are blogger's own and do not necessarily represent the views of the institution or the organizations by which the blogger is employed or any specific person who so ever, either dead or alive. Hi! I am a green e-mail! Unlike my brothers and sisters, my presence on the Internet does not harm our environment. Please go to greenscroll.org and help make the Internet green like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment