Nuff-Nang'er

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This is what I call...Malaysian Hospitality

I stayed overnight at Ascott Residence [ 3-bedroom apartment ] Kuala Lumpur recently with my family. Why Ascott ? Simply its location nearby KLCC which was convenient for me to meet up my long last ' Jimbengs' of KL and the price too. 

They invited me to participate in their survey for them to hear my feedback on my experience staying with them. Without hesitation, I participated and within hours, I received this reply from them ;

' Dear Mr. Irwan,


It was a great pleasure having you stay at Ascott Kuala Lumpur. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for giving us an opportunity to address your feedback.

 

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Your compliments will be shared with team. Receiving such positive feedback from our guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

 

We are happy to update that we will be undergoing our major refurbishment later this year. All our apartments will undergo a facelift which includes the changing of carpets, furniture and electrical appliances. We seek your patience and understanding on this matter and are sure that the facelift will address the concerns you have regarding the apartment.

 

Mr. Irwan, we will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our guests. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and continued support. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon, and have another opportunity to serve you better.

 

Yours sincerely

 
Vincent Wong | Assistant Residence Manager, Executive Office
Ascott Kuala Lumpur'

This is what I called Malaysian Hospitality, stealing from Malaysia Airlines tagline [ with permission]. How I wish others who are in the hospitality industries to emulate Ascott, Kuala Lumpur. For sure, I will stay with them again in the future and recommend my friends, families and business professional to stay with Ascott, Kuala Lumpur.
We are all LOVE to hear good feedback. In contrast, Many also LOVE giving bad feedback. 

In either case, giving and receiving TIMELY feedback with an opened mind and hearts are the KEY for successful business and relationship. Many love giving feedback especially the negative ones but how many are willing to accept those negative feedback and criticism and turn those into opportunities for improvement to strive for excellence and move forward ? 

I have been in situation before where my stakeholders criticized me and threatened not to provide the data and information that I required. Why did I do then ? I listened to them carefully and emphatically though I was attacked left and right, front and back , up and down. Shall I say, I was 'verbally abused' ? Yes, I was. However, I decided to listen to them carefully, put their concerns on my notebook, understood their concerns and promised to address their concerns TIMELY. At the same time, I took the opportunity to explain the situation that I was in, the risk if I did not get the data from them . Ironically, I was different Irwan that time. Somehow, I was so calm and a peace man. 

What have I learned ?  

1. Listen ;
2. Respect ;
3. Act ;
4. Improve;
5. Communicate

TIMELY.

And the rest were histories....

No comments:

Post a Comment